A Dental Experience



I can clearly remember how it happened.

I was apparently dreaming and I was grinding my teeth when I heard a snap. Before I opened my eyes I had already known that a chip broke off my tooth. By the time I was fully awake, I had already calculated how much I was going to spend at the dentist and how I might have to postpone my trip to Baguio this weekend.

Now, due to the current dollar exchange rate and the steep rise in prices of gasoline and other commodities, I had to forgo many of the things in my life that needed attention or previously planned - oil change, visit to the chiropractor for a back pain, that wake boarding trip to Cam Sur. But when it comes to a chipped incisor, there is no way I'll have anyone seeing me in my "Bungi" mode.

I didn't waste any time getting ready and was at the dentist by 9:30 am. There were already two clients waiting so I kept myself busy by browsing the magazines available.

Fast forward to two hours and six magazines later. The old man before me was about done and it would be my turn. I was worried that the dentist and her assistant might be tired and mess up my tooth. Surprisingly, she was still in a very good mood which put me at ease. To spare you the boring or maybe horrid details of a dental experience, my front teeth were restored to their shiny white glory while ten years of plaque were aptly removed. All for only Php. 950.00

Reflecting on this experience, I remember a Korean friend who described Korean dentists as wealthy, highly paid hospital residents. And back here in the Philippines, I see little dental clinics dotting every speck of urbanity all over the country - from chic, well decorated mall installations to mandatory sections in hospitals to little corners of a dentists living room converted into a clinic. I am glad that dental services are available to Filipinos this way as we are given a wide variety of options to choose from. The drawback is that since there are so many of them, we might end up with the wrong dentist - unqualified and overpriced. More often than not, though, our country is blessed with highly competent dentists and it is usually word of mouth that is the best source of information. In this case may I make recommendation thru "word of the keyboard".

I would like to thank Dr. Cielo Ramos- Servas for the wonderful restoration and the quick turnaround. But more so, for the very friendly and comfortable attitude that makes her service top rank.

St. Gabriel Dental Clinic is located on the 2nd floor of Lanuza bldg (fronting the DIY side of Magic Mall), Belmonte St. Urdaneta City.

Comments